The World Surf Kayak Association was set up following the 2001 World Championships in Santa Cruz, California.
PURPOSE AND GOALS OF THE WORLD SURF KAYAK ASSOCIATION
The primary goals of the WSKA are to:
- Promote goodwill and cultural interchange among people who surf kayaks in different countries in the world.
- Provide a world organization to help guide the development of surf kayaking.
- Share ideas about boat design and surfing moves, and expand the skill level of people involved in surf kayaking.
- Increase the number of people and countries involved in surf kayaking.
- Increase the number of juniors and women involved in surf kayaking.
- Promote friendly competition among surf kayakers.
- Hold a world championship of surf kayaking every two years.